XR Researcher | Global Shaper | Ph.D. Candidate @KAIST
🏖️ Vision: Connect people and create impact by breaking the boundaries between reality and virtuality.
Researcher: I am a Ph.D. candidate at KAIST UVR lab studying to empower technological capability to establish/contribute to an eXtended Reality (XR) technology-based startup. I have strong knowledge of VR, AR, Human-Computer-Interaction, Telepresence, and Spatial Computing. Familiar with various forms of prototyping with AR/VR HMDs (Hololens2, Quest Pro, Vive Pro Eye).
Entrepreneur: I worked as an investment manager at startup VC (Bluepoint), tried my startup projects three times, and was co-founder of the KAIST student startup association, 'KAIST Entrepreneurs (KE).' Recently, I have been working as a founding member of the global shaper community (GSC) Daejeon hub to solve the Seoul centralization problem and enhance Daejeon's sustainability.
Dooyoung CV - 1 page.pdf
- Ph.D. Candidate @UVR Lab, Culture and Technology Dept. (XR/HCI), KAIST (03/2021 ~ 02/2024)
- Projects: OpenXR: TranSpace 3.0, CT-AR Program, Meta-Museum
- Advisor: Woontack Woo
- Thesis: "Space-Adaptive Mutual Space Generation for Mixed Reality Remote Collaboration"
- Master @UVR Lab, Culture and Technology Dept. (XR/HCI), KAIST (2021)
- Visiting Research @Imagine Lab, ENPC ParisTech (12/2019 - 02/2020)
- Projects: TranSpace 2.0, National R&D Real Challenge Program
- Thesis: "Adjusting relative translation gains according to space size in redirected walking for mixed reality mutual space generation"
- Bachelor, Mechanical Engineering Dept., KAIST (2019)
- Lab Intern @UVR Lab, KAIST (07/2018 - 08/2018)
- Lab Intern @Hubo Lab, KAIST (12/2017 - 02/2018)
- Exchange Student @Tsinghua University (09/2016 - 12/2016)
🥽 Research Projects
- OpenXR: TranSpace 3.0 (12/2021 - Present)
- Development of Untact Realistic OpenXR Platform Technology
- Currently working at KISTI as a dispatched researcher
- CT-AR Program (03/2021 - Present)
- Virtual Augmented Reality Professional Training Project
- Meta Museum (07/2021 - 09/2021)
- A Study on the Planning Digital Twin based Metaverse Museum Platform for Lee Kunhee Museum
- TranSpace 2.0 (09/2019 - 12/2020)
- Development of User Restoration Technology for Ultra-Realistic Remote Virtual Interaction
- National R&D Real Challenge (04/2020 - 12/2020)
- Reinforcement of Visual Cognitive Abilities for AR-VR Mixed Reality Remote Collaboration
🤗 Experience (Career & Start-up)
- Global Shaper - 01/2023 ~ Present, Daejeon
- Global Shapers Community is an initiative of the World Economic Forum, it is a network of hubs developed and led by young people who are exceptional in their potential, their achievements and their drive to make a difference in their communities.
- I’m a founding member of Daejeon Hub which aims to build a borderless community of young talents with expertise in technology, culture and social impact for sustainability of Daejeon and social impact.
- XR Researcher, KISTI – 05/2022 ~ Present, Daejeon
- Government-funded joint research project, Dispatched researcher, OpenXR platform for XR remote collaboration